Friday, December 28, 2007

#23 The end? The beginning? The end of the beginning?

This whole process has caused a considerable amount of stress and hassle. Yes, I realise that this was not the intention. Yes, I have accepted comments and even apologies for the additional pressure in my life when I really needed less, not more. And the idea that it could be covered in short soundbite moments was a fantasy. Irrespective of one's technical skill, the actual concepts involved a lot of lateral thinking. In order to learn something, it really is necessary most of the time to return to the subject over and over, which was not possible here.

So I have tended to view this all as 'Learning 2.0 Lite'. Having spoken with staff members to ask what they remember of the processes, terms, acronyms, etc., most could not recall much of what they had done without going over notes in some detail. That all being said, and putting aside degrees of success or failure in the various exercises, it has really been a terrific introduction into Web 2.0 technologies. It has inspired me to continue the process, and I must return to my blog on a regular basis, just to make sure I revisit at least some of those technologies...

...But I have actually finished.

Back soon...

2 comments:

riverleigh said...

Hello Peter- So glad you finished, but what a ride...I wish it had been a better overall experience for you but I hope that your further explorations of Web 2.0, at your own leisure, will prove more enjoyable. Here's to an interesting 2008!
Good luck with life- keep the rain at bay.
Regards
Leslie

Hillswift said...

Love the writing - look forward to some 2008 posts. Perhaps about the joy of some of this technology - post all the stress and pressure to compelete. (Or the joy of dry stonewalling or driving a mobile library?)