Friday, December 28, 2007

21 Podcasts

Podcasts have interested me for some time. This year (last year? 2007) I had to do a great deal of driving, and the radio doesn't always cut the mustard. A friend had sent me a bunch of podcasts, including a number from the BBC with Melvyn Bragg and various guests pontification on an eclectic range of subjects, from string theory and quantam physics to the growth of newspapers before the French Revolution. I listened to all of these on my MP3 player, and also a talk from the SLV about the future of libraries.

I hope to use this technology much more once I have found a podcast feed that does NOT open as soon as I turn on the computer and take over the desktop. Here is one podcast I added by RSS feed to my Bloglines account.

I tried to do the same for Stephen Fry whose blog is already one of my RSS feeds. But he doesn't appear to podcast any of his posts, which is a pity since he has an excellent speaking voice.

No comments: